Blanket Bloggersphere Notice

26DEC09


I've started a tumblr micro-blog for my quick and dirty photos and posts. I'll still blog over here at Blogger in the future for more wordy and formatted posts.


Updated: 22NOV2010



- - -

Blog updates still in 'suspension'. Busy and unfocused.



Sorry to non-existent patrons of this blog.

Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Sunday 19 October 2008

Suisin HC 270mm sujihiki

CRW_0544

Suisin HC 270mm sujihiki, I suspect is a SK variant HCS, fitted with a stainless bolster and pakkawood scales.

I’ve gotten some patina onto it or else it might have taken forever to form a resilient patina. I’ve also thinned it a lot behind the edge, a lot.

I haven’t used this knife much, I figure I can slice most items with a long gyuto. And if it’s too delicate for a gyuto, it’s not going to hurt a yanagiba’s edge.

Before I sell it off, I think I find a nice piece of wood for this knife, have 2x SS corby screws and epoxy and add tang extensions to lengthen the handle.

Original post:19OCT08

No comments:

Music to read posts to... (Use the pop-out player especially when 'jumping' posts.)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones