Blanket Bloggersphere Notice

26DEC09


I've started a tumblr micro-blog for my quick and dirty photos and posts. I'll still blog over here at Blogger in the future for more wordy and formatted posts.


Updated: 22NOV2010



- - -

Blog updates still in 'suspension'. Busy and unfocused.



Sorry to non-existent patrons of this blog.

Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Saturday 25 October 2008

Fujiwara Kanefusa FKH 150mm petty

CRW_0226 Didn't take photos of it new and unused. Here it is with light patina and on factory edges.

Bought this knife with the intention of converting into a narrow blade paring knife, but when I got it I decided to keep it as a petty. SK-4 HCS steel, easy as to sharpen to a very keen edge. It’s currently on heavily right biased sub-10ยบ angles and is crazy sharp for a double bevel knife.

I have rescaled it with Lace Sheoak scales, a single SS corby screw and epoxy, ground the tang straight. When shaping the handle, I realised it would have been much easier to construct a hidden tang ‘wa’ handle and grind the bolster and tang to insert in.

This is my first time attempting a tapered octagonal handle on a kitchen knife, but I’ve experimented with plain octagonal handles on my hand saw and needle files.

CRW_3790

CRW_3780CRW_3785

KF post on the rescaling project: http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/835120/

Original Post: 18OCT08, Updated: 25OCT08

No comments:

Music to read posts to... (Use the pop-out player especially when 'jumping' posts.)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones