Blanket Bloggersphere Notice

26DEC09


I've started a tumblr micro-blog for my quick and dirty photos and posts. I'll still blog over here at Blogger in the future for more wordy and formatted posts.


Updated: 22NOV2010



- - -

Blog updates still in 'suspension'. Busy and unfocused.



Sorry to non-existent patrons of this blog.

Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Sunday 19 October 2008

Fujiwara Kanefusa FKH 240mm gyuto

CRW_0218

Bought this knife to try out the 240mm gyuto size and I think I’ll stick to 270mm or 300mm. Made of one piece of SK-4 steel (same as the Hiromoto HCs), with a stainless steel bolster.

CRW_0225 CRW_2068

Because of its smoother satin finish on the blade, patina builds up quite slowly and very colourfully.

Slightly thicker than the Hiromoto HC very slightly, but then again Hiromoto did make the HC one of those cool thin knives. Fujiwara fit a very nice large handle with pakkawood scales, kinda like a Hiromoto HC with a rounded Tojiro DP handle.

I’m going to sell off this knife to get its 270mm cousin to replace my 270mm Hiromoto HC in the future or as my HCS backup knife. Before I sell it, it has got to get a makeover with probably Red Morell scales.

Original Post: 17OCT08, Updated:19OCT08

No comments:

Music to read posts to... (Use the pop-out player especially when 'jumping' posts.)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones