Blanket Bloggersphere Notice

26DEC09


I've started a tumblr micro-blog for my quick and dirty photos and posts. I'll still blog over here at Blogger in the future for more wordy and formatted posts.


Updated: 22NOV2010



- - -

Blog updates still in 'suspension'. Busy and unfocused.



Sorry to non-existent patrons of this blog.

Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Saturday 6 December 2008

Tomkin palette knives

20070703_6355 Tomkin 25cm palette knife

- - -

I’ve modified my more abused ones being the cranked handles, that have had too many trips through the dishwasher. Sealed the gaps between the handle and the blade with epoxy, reshape and sanded the handle and saturated it in mineral oil-beeswax to protect the wood. Another modification I have done is a lightly sharpened right edge of the blade that can be used for simple tasks like slicing baking paper or scraping up chocolate curls.

CRW_3371 CRW_3374

Original post 07JUL07, Updated: 29APR09

No comments:

Music to read posts to... (Use the pop-out player especially when 'jumping' posts.)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones