Blanket Bloggersphere Notice

26DEC09


I've started a tumblr micro-blog for my quick and dirty photos and posts. I'll still blog over here at Blogger in the future for more wordy and formatted posts.


Updated: 22NOV2010



- - -

Blog updates still in 'suspension'. Busy and unfocused.



Sorry to non-existent patrons of this blog.

Labels

Blogumulus by Roy Tanck and Amanda Fazani

Wednesday 26 December 2007

F. Dick-Johnson and Wales Knife Case Set

I bought this Johnson and Wales 'Light series' knife kit on eBay back in July this year, costs a fair $207 including shipping. It was sold without the 8" Chef's knife. Most of the knives are from the stamped Superior series made by F. Dick and specially marked for the Johnson & Wales University (J&W) and some other stuff that's I think is not really part of the original set, personally don't care about J&W but I do like the F. Dick because of the stamped blade without the bolster return and the riveted handles. The case is really quite gimmicky and horrible waste of space especially compared to for example a simple Victorinox case, I could use the case a really bulky knife block... The kit includes: Out of the whole set, I've used the serrated slicer and chef's knife the most, as well as other nice items like the boning knife and bird's beak. Nice set, probably not worth the retail price especially

No comments:

Music to read posts to... (Use the pop-out player especially when 'jumping' posts.)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones